SEO Copywriting is a Long GameFebruary 10th 2011 Sally Ormond copywriting tips, freelance copywriter, search engine optimisation, SEO copywriter, social media marketing
Remember Wimbledon last year and that epic match between Mahut and Isner? It lasted an incredible 11 hours and 5 minutes in total with Isner eventually winning 6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68!
You’re probably wondering what Wimbledon, and that match in particular, has to do with SEO copywriting. Well hang in there and I’ll tell you.
Just like Isner, if you want to win with your SEO strategy you have to be in it for the long haul.
Many people still view their ‘SEO strategy’ as:
- Find a few keywords
- Get someone to build a website
- Stick some text on it which includes the keywords
- Bob’s your uncle, you’ll be on the front page of Google
That’s not how it works. If it was that easy we’d all be laughing.
To put a more scientific slant on this, here’s a simple equation to help you discover what it takes to success with your website’s SEO:
SEO friendly website + great SEO copy + back links + determination = great rankings
If you want to achieve great organic rankings you must:
- do great keyword research
- get a professional SEO copywriter to write your copy for you
- constantly build back links to your website (via blogs,articles etc.)
- review your analytics regularly to see your site’s performance
- regularly review your keywords
Basically it is a continual process. Is it hard work? Yes, it can be but when you consider how much money you’ll save (in relation to pay per click advertising etc.) it won’t seem so bad.
Great search engine results will reduce the need for other paid advertising. So what would you rather do? Spend a bit of time getting clients for nothing, or spend a shed load of cash on ineffective advertising?
The decision is yours. But I know which I would prefer.